A popular member of the “Squalls” or “Blue Bell” family. Its foliage appearing early in Winter, with a cluster of violet blue flowers to follow in May.
Flower Colour: Violet blue
Flowering Time: May
Planting time: Autumn
Position: Sun/part shade
Soil type: Well drained/moist
Planting depth: 2x depth of bulb
Sold as: Bulb
Pre-order your bulbs now!
Shipping of bulbs ordered starts in the beginning of September!
General (autumn planting) bulb care
- Autumn planting bulbs can be planted from now until the end of November.
- Plant 2-3 the depth of the bulb.
- In well-drained soil.
- Generally, plant bulbs in a light sunny position, some varieties will tolerate part shade.
- Most bulbs can be planted in pots or containers using a good quality compost.
- Autumn planting bulbs are fully hardy
- Avoid poor drained soil and waterlogged conditions
- Scilla Peruviana’s foliage appears as early as winter and the flower follows in May.
Dispatch of our autumn planting bulbs runs from the beginning of September through to the beginning of December.