A large flowering gladiolus.
Flower Colour: Red with white centre
Flowering Time: August-September
Planting time: Spring
Soil type: Well drained
Planting depth: 2-3 x depth of bulb
Sold as: Corm, large corms (12/14)
– Plant when danger of frost has passed and the ground has warmed.
– Plant 2-3 times the depth of the bulb and 15cm/6” apart.
– In well drained moist soil, in a sunny position.
– Gladioli prefer to be in spaces where no other plants compete with them.
– Water regularly as the growth begins to appear.
– You can hill up the soil when plants are about 15cm/6” tall to help support the stems.
– Dead head as necessary, but leave foliage.
– Bulbs will winter in the ground if they are in a warm sheltered position.
– If exposed and prone to cold conditions Gladioli will benefit from lifting and storing in a frost free location.
Please note: Dispatch is from the beginning of March