Colchicum autumnale ‘Alboplenum’
This “Autumn crocus” has splendid double white flowers. Another good variety for naturalising. The foliage growing in May.
Flower Colour: White
Flowering Time: September/October
Planting time: September
Position: Sun/part shade
Soil type: Well drained/moist
Planting depth: 8cm/3″
Sold as: Corm
Pre-order your bulbs now!
Shipping of bulbs ordered starts in the beginning of September!
– Colchicum bulbs/corms can be planted from now until the end of October.
– Plant the bulb 8cm/3″ or just below the service.
– In well-drained or moist soil.
– Generally, plant bulbs in a light sunny position, some varieties will tolerate part shade.
– Most bulbs can be planted in pots or containers using a good quality compost.
– Autumn planting bulbs are fully hardy
– Avoid poor drained soil and waterlogged conditions.
– Colchicums will also flower without being planted and without water.